The last CIOctober Tuesday evening session, on October 27th, is on the horizon! The virtual meeting runs from 6-10:20 pm, EST. Remember — if you weren't able to tune in to CIOctober on the first three evenings, you can still register and gain access to everything you missed and enjoy exclusive access for the next 3 months. All sessions are available on-demand the Saturday following the original virtual live broadcast.
The October 27th program begins at 6 pm with a complimentary symposium, sponsored by Cook. Don’t miss, “The Clinical and Economic Value of Pushable and Detachable Coils,” presented by Raja Ramaswamy, MD, from Radiology of Indiana in Indianapolis, Indiana. This training presentation is designed to build knowledge on embolization devices for interventional radiologists at the beginning of their careers. The presentation includes instruction on and discussion of medical devices, embolization techniques, and hands-on simulation activities. Cook devices used from start to finish in an embolization procedure will be covered, including access devices, sheaths, wires, catheters, microcatheters, coils, and retrieval devices.
VISIT HERE and bookmark the address to access this symposium on Tuesday evening. *Valid for new registrations only. Complimentary CIO Package includes free access to the live Sponsored Symposia only. This package does not include recordings of any sessions or access to the exhibit hall. To access all other sessions, you must sign up for a paid package.
Other October 27th highlights include:
- Session 4: Oligometastatic Disease: Offering Local Therapies in Systemic Disease. This session is moderated by Alda Tam, MD, who notes that “this is a collaborative session with SIO, and we are very excited for this crossover activity, which will be replicated in the SIO meeting as well.” Dr Tam begins the session with an informative talk on the definitions and rationale behind the treatment of oligometastatic disease. The session continues with a series of 10-minute focused discussions on oligometastatic colorectal cancer, lung cancer, renal cancer, and sarcoma. This session wraps up with a panel discussion.
- Session 5: IO During COVID: A Global Perspective. This series of presentations features speakers from around the world offering their insights on practicing interventional oncology during the pandemic. Presenters include Gao-Jun Teng, MD, PhD, from Zhongda Hospital, Southeast University in China, Uei Pua, MD, from Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH)/ National Healthcare Group in Singapore; Suyash Sureshchandra Kulkarni, DMRD, DNB from Tata Memorial Hospital in India; Alban Denys, MD, from Chuv Unil in Switzerland; Ricardo D. Garcia Monaco, MD, PhD, from the Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires in Argentina, and more!
- CME Opportunity, Supported by an Educational Grant from Medtronic: Jason R. Levy, MD, M.K. Jesse, MD, Jonathan M. Morris, MD, and Matthew R. Callstrom, MD, PhD offer a CME session on “Utilizing Radiofrequency Ablation to Treat Metastatic Bone Disease: A Case-Based Presentation.”
- Exhibit Hall: Visit our virtual booths in the Exhibit Hall to connect with exhibitors and learn more about their products and services. Check out the CardioVascular Learning Network booth to learn more about our related meetings, journals, and news sources.
- For more information, including the full meeting agenda, and to register for the meeting, please visit www.theiomeeting.com.
Now in its 12th year, CIO is the premier arena for practical education in the expanding field of interventional oncology. It is a concentrated program renowned for its originality, practicality, and focus on improving patient care. CIO highlights the most viable and sought-after treatments in this rapidly growing practice area. The program contains a mix of didactic lectures, case presentations from experts, debates between experts, and pre-recorded cases woven together with audience interactivity through polling and question and answer sessions.
HMP is the force behind Healthcare Made Practical and is a multichannel leader in healthcare events and education, with a mission to improve patient care. The company produces accredited medical education events and clinically relevant, evidence-based content for the global healthcare community across a range of therapeutic areas. Its brands include Consultant360, the year-round, award-winning platform relied upon by primary care providers and other specialists; Psych Congress, the largest independent mental health meeting in the US; EMS World Expo, North America’s largest EMT and paramedic event; and the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC), the largest wound care meeting in the world. For more information, visit hmpglobal.com.